WILL SMITH: PARENTING TIPS
HOLLYWOOD – Fresh from his success at the Razzies, Will Smith, Fresh Prince of the Men in Black drops his Hancock and tells us how The Pursuit of Happyness can be achieved when raising children without a Hitch.
1. Keep kids grounded by having them star in films that have elements of ‘realism’ in them. Nothing too depressing though. Rags to riches, that kind of shit.
2. Don’t let them get too carried away with their dreams…teach them to have a back-up plan. Like Executive Producing a Comedy Central show on the weekends or releasing a perfume brand.
3. Set meal times. Install an alarm on the private jet that rings for the chef to wake up no matter what time zone you are in!
4. Set aside quality time. Organise a project with an exotic location and a director with enough vision to include varied activities/set pieces.
5. Teach values by sourcing scripts that teach values.
6. Emphasise personality over looks. At least one project a year that requires a facial prosthetic.
7. Practical life skills: teach them how to weave their own wicker sacrifice throne for monthly illuminati shindigs. Practice on stray animals and TV infomercial interns.
8. Encourage humility. Have the home help role play as TV talk show audience, learn to address the crowd with self effacing wit when required. React with good humor to ’embarrassing clips’
9. Hire film crew for ’embarrassing clips’ and workshop some scenarios designed to showcase ‘realness’
10. Remember, kids are just people! Just like ‘people’, they need a manager, agent, stylist, publicist, songwriting team, personal trainer, nutritionist, language coach, social media coordinator, brand strategist, bodyguard, body double, babysitter, runners, hair and make up, speech writer, tailor, pastry chef, driver, pilot, and spiritual guru.