HOLLYWOOD – Following the success of American Hustle and The Silver Linings Playbook, David O. Russell has announced that he is to digitally recast his old movies, beginning with Three Kings, with Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert deNiro.
Three Kings is expected to be only the first of several of Russell’s older works to get the treatment:
Spanking the Monkey and I Heart Huckabees are both films that I would love to see Bob, Bradley and Jen be a part of. They’re such great actors and now that I’ve got them digitally, who wouldn’t want them in your movie?
How did you get them digitally?
It’s a very technical process, but basically you just film them saying all the sounds in the phonetic alphabet and going through a routine of gestures and facial expressions. Was a time it would’ve taken years, but now we can do it in about half an hour. Jennifer Lawrence took seven minutes.
What about the ethics of replacing actors who have performed for you?
Oh, that isn’t a worry. They were paid for their work and if you want to see George Clooney in Three Kings, there’ll be old DVDs knocking around somewhere. But in this version it’s fresh faced Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence instead of Mark Wahlberg. How can you possibly object to that? Plus to create continuity I’m also going to do the Fighter with Jennifer taking over Wahlberg’s role and Bradley Cooper as Christian Bale’s part.
Three Kings: Redux will be released in 2016.
Image courtesy of @ThePixelFactor.
HOLLYWOOD – Who knows Bradley Cooper? What is he like deep down? Beneath the face, above the pancreas, three finger lengths from what he knowingly describes as ‘the happy farm’?
Well, the Studio Exec have unearthed FIVE facts to add to your factotum pole of truth in A Place (I don’t know) perhaps Beyond the Pines.
- Bradley Cooper means literally: ‘barrel maker who’s also called Bradley’ (some site on the internet). In the whole of the USA, there are only two Bradleys. The second is Bradley Pitt.
- People Magazine recently named the BC (as he prefers to be known) ‘the sexiest man alive’, which was a definite advance on 2004, when People Magazine called the then little known actor ‘the sexiest man from Pennsylvania’.
- To prepare for his role as a bipolar sufferer in The Silver Linings Playbook Bradley went to the Antarctic and the North Pole. He said, ‘It didn’t help at all. I guess I just got the words mixed up, or something.’
- When making The Hangover Part Two, Bradley Cooper refused to learn the script and simply recited the script from the first film. No one noticed the difference.
- Whilst filming The A-Team, Bradley Cooper took advantage of working with esteemed actor Liam Neeson to ask him advice on his art. Mr. Neeson apparently said, ‘Get paid as much as possible and do as little as you can.’
For more FACTS on everything from this to that click HERE!
THE SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK: REVIEW – Face from the A Team is more like Mad Murdoch when his wife leaves him and after a brief stint in One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest goes not so Strictly Ballroom with Katniss Everdeen.
Everyone’s crazy in this well made and well played melodrama. David O. Russell hot off The Fighter continues a winning streak with a kind of slice of life ensemble and keeps his kookie pretty much in the jar. The beats are sometimes predictable, but the screenplay is witty and smart and the acting is generally excellent, including – sit down before you read this – Chris Tucker and – stay sat down – Robert de Niro. Sometimes in a film there comes a moment when a director wins your trust by doing something unusual or avoiding a cliché. In this case there’s a moment when after a bust up in a diner, Bradley Cooper runs after Jennifer Lawrence only to be stopped by the waitress brandishing the check. It is a telling detail that makes the world that the bizarre characters live in solid and believable and grounds some of the more fantastical elements.