HOLLYWOOD – Susan Sarandon is a fine actress and a progressive thinker.
But we sent the Studio Exec FACT Squad to find out five FACTS you didn’t know about Susan Sarandon.
1. She married Kurt Russell years ago. Despite having very different political opinions, Susan and Kurt have been married for almost four decades, one of the longest and most successful marriages.
2. Susan first came to fame in the musical Rocky Horror Picture Show where she played the role of the plain Jane who is gradually seduced by the decadent atmosphere of Dr. Frankenfurter’s castle. To prepare for the role she was gradually seduced by the decadent atmosphere of Dr. Frankenfurter’s castle.
3. Sarandon starred opposite the pop star Phil Collins in Tony Scott’s debut film The Hunger.
4. Susan Sarandon won an Oscar for Dead Man Walking in 1995. Tim Robbins directed the film, a man she had a relationship with until 2009, when she remembered that she was married to Kurt Russell.
5. Sarandon has long been a political activist. She is a vegetarian and supported Bernie Sanders in the last election. When he failed to win the primary, she declared that she would vote for Jill Stein because ‘I like Donald Trump’s hair.’
HOLLYWOOD – Cult classic musical The Rocky Horror Picture Show is to be remade and the news has been universally welcomed by fans everywhere.
‘Let’s do the time warp again!’ And again! as Fox announce that The Rocky Horror Picture Show is to be remade in an announcement that delighted fans of the original everywhere. Joe Lewis’ response was typical of the outpouring of love:
The original film is great and we all love it. We love dressing up as the characters and attending special screenings. But the fact of the matter is that film is forty years old. Everyone I know is tired of it. I mean bored. There are only so many times you can watch Tim Curry and co camping it up. And the part with Meatloaf is almost unwatchable after all that I’ll Do Anything For you (But I won’t Do That)’ stuff. Susan Sarandon is in it and I can’t get the image out of my head of her as the nun from Dead Man Walking when she’s singing ‘Touch-A-Touch-A-Touch-A-Touch-Me’. It ruins it for me.
The new version will tell the story of sweethearts Janet Weiss (Victoria Justice) and Brad Majors (Ryan McCartan), who enter the creepy house of Dr. Frank-N-Furter (Laverne Cox), a sexually ambiguous, and crazy scientist. She is holding an annual Transylvanian science convention to showcase the birth of “Rocky Horror” – a man (Staz Nair) created solely to fulfill Frank-N-Furter’s desires. Originally writer and butler Richard O’Brien has also welcomed the deal.
Many people said why make it again. The original version is damned near perfect and it has a great following. They show it everywhere again and again, like a constant revival, but the truth is I’d really like a bigger house. The house I have is pretty good, but if I could get a bigger one, I’d like it to have turrets and perhaps a moat. I mean I say house but I’m really thinking of a castle I suppose. And I’ve always wanted a helipad and I believe Kenny Ortega’s new version of Rocky Horror Picture Show can deliver that.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show will be directed by the man who brought us High School Musical.
HOLLYWOOD – During a Q&A session for this directorial début Lost River, Ryan Gosling was asked about a recent rumor that he had signed up to play the role of the infamous Frank-N-Furter in the upcoming remake of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
“Well, I heard that rumor too,” said a grinning Ryan Gosling:
Let’s just say that last week I spent a lot of time in stockings and suspenders and I was very comfortable. In fact I’m wearing them underneath my clothes right now.
Whether Gosling was simply teasing the audience is not yet known but a studio source has revealed that Gosling and Hugh Jackman are the only contenders for the role and both have submitted audition tapes.
“I’ve not seen Gosling’s audition tape,” said the source:
I caught a few minutes of Jackman dressed in character singing Sweet Transvestite and it was very impressive. What’s more impressive is that it was filmed in such a way that it looked like it was CCTV footage taken at an LGBT bar in the early 90s.
Daniel Day-Lewis was said to been the original choice to play the role but unfortunately he misread the script and had full gender reassignment surgery. Danielle Day-Lewis is now living in the south of France where she owns a small but profitable Pâtisserie.