HOLLYWOOD – The new ghostbusters franchise Young Ghostbusters got its first image today.
Following on from the all-female Ghostbusters reboot last year, Young Ghostbusters stars Stranger Things stars and looks set to capture a whole new audience.
A spokesperson for the studio had this to say:
We’ve always watched Ghostbusters as an adult comedy which appeals to kids because of the cartoon character and the music. But we’ve never fully played to a young audience either in the original films or the Paul Feig remake. This time round we’re doing just that. As the kids of the original Ghostbusters take on their mother’s and father’s jobs.
Gaten Matarazzo, Finn Wolfhard and Caleb McLaughlin star in the new movie which will be set in the late eighties, before everything went to shit.
Young Ghostbusters will be released in 2018.
HOLLYWOOD – The new Ghostbusters movie got its first trailer this week and the internet did a back flip and two treble double nelsons in delight.
The Studio Exec watched the new Ghostbusters remake with some trepidation and was ready to find all the Easter eggs and other goodies hidden in Paul Feig’s take on the classic 80’s paranormal comedy starring Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray. We discovered the secret Easter Eggs and here they are. All five of them.
- The Ghostbusters are WOMEN! This is unbelievable. I mean… women! Talk about crossing the Goddamned streams. Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy’s particle physicists join with Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones, the latter is not well educated but brings sass because she is ‘black’.
- There are no men Ghostbusters, but just women. Thor is a nerdy janitor!
- The women Ghostbusters get puked on by the Slimer, just to show that women can do the same sort of brain dead comedy gunk as the men.
- They drive an extremely similar car; the black actor is still the only non-scientist and graffiti is used to consign some sort of ‘street’ legitimacy to the whole proceeding. And I know this is not strictly legitimate and we haven’t seen enough to properly judge, but good Christ it really does look like comedy by committee and as funny as a very small coffin. These are talented people who are very creative and I’m sure that the film is going to be wonderful, but I do wish they were making their own film, their own idea, which would then be rebooted twenty years from now.
- There are no Easter Eggs. Easter Eggs are made of chocolate and there is often a gift or something inside. I watched the trailer three times and I’ll be buggered with a rusty rod if I found even one.