HOLLYWOOD- Sir Edwin Fluffer once again delves into his personal memoirs – soon to be published as ‘Not THAT Kind of Fluffer!!!’ – to recall the luminous Grace Kelly.
The number one rule of this business that I still lovingly call ‘show’ is dignity at all times. Whether one’s helping Richard Burton wipe the vomit from his shoes or lending Ollie Reed a handkerchief in order to wipe his vomit from somebody else’s shoes, one must maintain certain standards.
If Grace Kelly calls you a talentless self-serving ignoramus you rise above it. If she accuses you of being too drunk to remember your lines you ignore her. If she throws an ash-tray at your head you just duck and try your best to continue with the scene.
We were starring together as a husband and wife team of architects in Dial C For Corporate Manslaughter when darling Grace made her feelings for me quite clear. I was obviously smitten with her, and I still like to think that despite her protestations she felt the same.
Unfortunately her husband took an instant dislike to me and in retrospect I can hardly blame him. Some of my language toward him could be described as a little on the coarse side, and challenging him to an arm wrestling competition was not a wise move. He beat me soundly and when I suggested best out of three he had me deported. I thought ‘Prince’ was his first name, but it turns out that Prince Rainier III was in fact his official title, and to this day I am still not welcome in Monaco.
A few months later Lloyd Bridges and I were expelled from Argentina as well, but that’s another story…
HOLLYWOOD – As Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part One hits cinemas, the Studio Exec FACT squad rappelled into Panem, fired FACT arrows into the Capitol and sounded the clarion call for revolution in all the districts.
1. The Hunger Games are based on a real life fight to the death that takes place ever year in the Netherlands, a country in Northern Europe which most Americans believe to be mythical. Dutch children are starved until they are willing to kill each other for the prize. Proceeds from television rights pay for socialized medicine. Endemol, the company responsible for running The Hunger Games, also produce Big Brother.
2. Katnis Everdeen is played by Jennifer Lawrence, an actress.
3. The author of the original novels, Suzanne Collins is an avid collector of Germans. So far she has a little over 17,000 which she keeps in a special compound.
4. Although Suzanne Collins only wrote three novels – The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, following a suggestion from Peter Jackson Lionsgate have decided to split the final novel into three films: Mockingjay Part one, Mockingjay Part One (b) and Mockingjay Part Two (at least at time of publication).
5. Although Philip Seymour Hoffman reportedly finished his scenes before his untimely death, some scenes showing his character Plutarch Heavensbee will be played by Oliver Reed from Gladiator.
For more Movie FACTS CLICK HERE!
October 1st, 1966
I was in London seeking financing for my one man production of 12 Angry Men when I caught sight of a disheveled Dick Burton struggling to urinate up a Mayfair telephone box. Continue reading “THE ORSON WELLES DIARIES V”