HOLLYWOOD – As Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part One hits cinemas, the Studio Exec FACT squad rappelled into Panem, fired FACT arrows into the Capitol and sounded the clarion call for revolution in all the districts.
1. The Hunger Games are based on a real life fight to the death that takes place ever year in the Netherlands, a country in Northern Europe which most Americans believe to be mythical. Dutch children are starved until they are willing to kill each other for the prize. Proceeds from television rights pay for socialized medicine. Endemol, the company responsible for running The Hunger Games, also produce Big Brother.
2. Katnis Everdeen is played by Jennifer Lawrence, an actress.
3. The author of the original novels, Suzanne Collins is an avid collector of Germans. So far she has a little over 17,000 which she keeps in a special compound.
4. Although Suzanne Collins only wrote three novels – The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, following a suggestion from Peter Jackson Lionsgate have decided to split the final novel into three films: Mockingjay Part one, Mockingjay Part One (b) and Mockingjay Part Two (at least at time of publication).
5. Although Philip Seymour Hoffman reportedly finished his scenes before his untimely death, some scenes showing his character Plutarch Heavensbee will be played by Oliver Reed from Gladiator.
For more Movie FACTS CLICK HERE!
MISSISSIPPI – President Snow – best known for his part in the Hunger Games franchise – has won the Republican Senate Primary in Mississippi unseating Senator Thad Cochran and setting up a possible run for President in 2016.
Snow, who ran as an independent Tea Party candidate, said that he was committed to preserving and protecting the rights and privileges of the one percent and the unity of Panem:
Continue reading “PRESIDENT SNOW WINS REPUBLICAN PRIMARY”
HOLLYWOOD -It was revealed yesterday that the new Hunger Games Experience at Disneyland, California might be having some teething problems in terms of safety issues.
Based on the Suzanne Collins authored film franchise, The Hunger Games, the attraction was opened in February of this year and so far has claimed 251 lives and left 578 people needing hospital attention. The Anaheim Police Department said that they had received several complaints but were reluctant to pursue the matter because ‘we don’t have anything concrete yet’:
We often get a lot of complaints when a new ride opens. People feel dizzy, people get anxiety attacks. Usually – I’d say 9 times out of 10 – it’s just some jackass looking to bring a suit and earn themselves some money. This time, it is true, there have been a number of fatalities, but ultimately isn’t that a quite reasonable price to pay for what otherwise is wholesome family entertainment.
The Hunger Games Experience occupies a wild patch of wooded land the other side of Space Mountain. Ten members of the public enter the land from different ‘portals’ and race across open ground to a stash of weapons. Then they can choose to fight or run. Only one contestant is allowed to leave. The architect of the attraction – Joely Morris – went on the offensive against the critics:
We want to give the public the most authentic experience of Katniss Everdeen’s world and in a world full of fakery I believe we have actually managed to do that. And at Disney world!
But what about safety issues?
There is a height restriction.
Jennifer Lawrence was unavailable for comment.
HOLLYWOOD – Following his award winning and critically acclaimed slavery drama 12 Years a Slave, British director and conceptual artist Steve McQueen has signed on to film Hunger Games: Mockingjay (Part Two).
Francis Lawrence – who is directing the first part and was supposed to be directing the second part – expressed his dismay in a statement issued exclusively to the Studio Exec:
Apparently the studio called Steve McQueen in for a meeting and basically said they wanted him to work with them and they would let him have the pick of projects. He immediately chose Mockingjay: Part Two. My understanding is they tried to dissuade him but he was determined and said it was that or nothing.
Although not an obvious choice, McQueen explained: ‘I am a concept artist – do you understand that? – yes, and the Hunger Games is a concept. I wish to work with that concept. But … as an artist.’
Fans of the franchise reacted with overwhelming enthusiasm. On Twitter @ILuvJLawMoreThanMy10MonthOldBaby wrote:
McQueen is Totes Amaze in Great Escape!!! #KickingNews
Hunger Games: Mockingjay (Part Two) will be released in 2015.