HOLLYWOOD – The first image has emerged of Oscar Winner Eddie Redmayne in the lead role of his new film Chastain, a biopic based on the life of legendary Hollywood actress Jessica Chastain.
In the picture, Eddie Redmayne has quite clearly transformed himself into the very verisimilitude of the Tree of Life and Lawless actress. We spoke EXCLUSIVELY to the actor about what inspired him to take on the role:
Jessica Chastain is for all of us in the acting profession the absolute pinnacle. It used to be Steve Guttenberg, but he hasn’t done much recently so now it’s Jessica Chastain. What people don’t know is that Jessica Chastain has been in over four hundred and sixty seven films. Don’t check that on IMDb because she often goes uncredited just blending into a crowd scenes or fetching a duellist a glass of ice water. There’s even an early appearance Jessica makes in Crimson Tide where she plays a part of the submarine. That is the commitment to the craft that I have been inspired by.
The film written by Peter Morgan and directed by Clint Eastwood follows the actress from her humble beginnings as a drama student to Hollywood and her career as the only actress to have appeared in all the films released in one calendar year, a feat she achieved in 2012. Redmayne continues:
Of course, I’m a man and so it is a stretch for me to try and encompass Jessica both the artist and the human being. I have to get up very early and go into make up. I’m in there for at least twelve minutes. Every day. And the transformation is complete. Clint asked me if I was sure I could commit, but I just wanted him to agree to me before he saw Jupiter Ascending.
Chastain will be released in 2016.
HOLLYWOOD – We all know that Tom Hardy is one of the most exciting talents to come out of Great Britain since the old days of Benedict Cumberbatch, but what do we really know about him?
We sent the Studio Exec FACT squad into Tom Hardy Country to see what we can find out.
1. Tom’s dad was a novelist. He wrote Tess of the D’Urbevilles, The Mayor of Casterbridge and Far from the Madding Crowd. All popular yarns in their day. Tom Sr. wrote under the name Thomas Hardy and Thomas Jr. chose to go by the diminutive Tom in order to avoid confusion. Thomas Hardy claims to have never seen any of his son’s films on account of being long dead.
2. Tom Hardy is famous for his detailed preparation to roles and commitment to the method. Inspired by Daniel Day Lewis, Tom first becomes Daniel Day Lewis and then imagines Daniel Day Lewis playing the character. Many see this Deep Lewis version of acting as tantamount to body swappage. So for instance his new film Rocketman will feature Hardy playing Daniel Day Lewis playing Elton John.
3. When Tom played violent criminal Bronson for the film Bronson, Tom prepared by becoming a violent criminal and killed several people before he was arrested and banged up. The next morning the authorities discovered Tom Hardy had somehow got into one of their cells and released him without asking any questions.
4. Tom Hardy will soon appear in Mad Max: Fury Road which was once called Nutty Norman: Miffed Drive. The title was changed to bring it more in line with the Mel Gibson trilogy which made the character famous. George Miller claimed he had only been joking about the title, but a large box of t-shirts with the original art work was found in George Miller’s caravan along with unheard of amounts of bacon.
5. Perhaps Tom’s most famous role to date, Bane saw the enigmatic star play Winston Churchill as a villain. However others prefer Locke where Tom drives a car and not particularly quickly either. He’s also had turns in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Drop, Warrior and Lawless. On one thing everyone agrees and that is This Means War was donkey crap.
For more FACTS click HERE.
SYDNEY – Everyone was eagerly awaiting cheery Australian songster and Lawless scriptwriter Nick Cave’s sequel to Gladiator – tentatively entitled Gladiator 2 – but Ridley Scott decided to do Prometheus instead.
However, the Studio Exec has managed to get his hands on the Gladiator 2 script.
1. The Colosseum. We begin where the first film ended. The EMPRESS finishes her oration and lowers her arms. The Crowd is hushed. MAXIMUS and COMMODUS lie on the ground dead.
Who will lift this man and carry him to his final resting place?
Senator GRACCHUS comes forward and with the help of the other Gladiators, they lift the body of MAXIMUS. The crowd watches in silence. Petals drift in the the sand. COMMODUS’ body is forgotten where it lies. Stirring music as the funeral procession heads for the gates.
Wait! I’m not dead.
A miracle! Thank the Gods. Oh happy day!
MAXIMUS is helped to his feet. The crowd cheers.
But Commodus stabbed you through the heart with his red right hand.
I know I thought I was going from her (points to EMPRESS) to eternity, but this deflected the blow.
MAXIMUS loosens his breast plate and the steel guitar is revealed which deflected the blow.
T’is stranger than kindness. Quick let him have a (oh mercy) seat.
Give us a song!
Well, I’m a little rusty (strumming guitar: Starts singing). This is a weeping song – Come on everybody.
(Singing)A song in which to weep!
Gladiator 2 will be released in 2015.