HOLLYWOOD – Even in Hollywood where stars shine bright, Death, the Grim Reaper, the stretches his inimitable bony hand. Studio Exec pays his respects to five actors who died (with a list).
1. Oliver Hardy: Hilarious half of comedy duo Laurel and Hardy, Oliver Hardy died.
2. Humphrey Bogart: One of Hollywood’s unlikeliest leading men, Humphrey Bogart initially became famous for his tough guy villains/detectives and only quite late in life proved himself a romantic lead in such instant classics as The Big Sleep and Casablanca. He stretched his acting chops in more unconventional roles like The Caine Mutiny and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, but it was his iconic heroic figure which will be forever remembered. He died.
3. Audrey Hepburn: She was one of the most beautiful actress to ever grace the screen, with her glowing charm and wit she charmed audiences worldwide, be it as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s or the Princess Anne in Roman Holiday. Now dead.
4. Grace Kelly: She was the silver screen queen who went on to become a princess, Alfred Hitchcock’s favorite actress and a woman of almost impossible beauty. She is the subject of a new film starring Nicole Kidman. She’ll likely die at the end or the beginning or both. In real life, she died at the end.
5. Bengt Ekerot: The Swedish actor and director was most famous for his role as Death in Ingmar Bergman’s 1957 thriller The Seventh Seal, playing chess on the beach with Max Von Sydow. In 1971 the shoe was on the other foot, however, when he died.