JERRY BRUCKHEIMER RE-IMAGINES THE MONA LISA
PARIS – Standing gaping at the enigmatic smile of Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona lisa in the Louvre; movie producer Jerry Bruckheimer was distinctly overheard planning a drastic re-imagining of the renaissance masterpiece.
21 year old Canadian backpacker Matt Walker was first on the scene to capture the blue sky thinking of the Hollywood hit machine as he brazenly discussed radical new directions for the silent 16th Century visage. Walker’s tumblr blog reports:
It was such a thrill to be there to witness the master in action, the way he works a concept, his effortless phone networking with creatives in far flung locations all over the world… awesome! just awesome!
In a spoiler filled post, Walker fully discloses all the possible plot details of the project, highlights include:
- Bruckheimer is insisting on full 3D IMAX treatment for a fully immersive experience.
- A scenery cameo for Johnny Depp’s Captain Jack Sparrow, just over her left shoulder, creeping up and whispering ‘shhh’ to the viewer.
- A high concept chase involving one of Da Vinci’s un-produced ‘Bat-Copter’ sketches.
- A subplot about a troubled love affair with the Jesus Christ from Da Vinci’s Last Supper to be explored in a prequel painting.
- The addition of a mechanical ‘Space Squid’.