CANNES NEW PRESS RULES CAUSE MADNESS
CANNES – The 71st Cannes Film Festival begins today but some are claiming the new rules for the press have gone too far.
Theirry Fremeaux yesterday spoke to the press on the eve of the 71st Cannes Film Festival. During the meeting he introduced the following rules.
- Anyone who has seen a Netflix movie will not be allowed to attend.
- Lars Von Trier is now Grata.
- Critics will not be allowed to take lions, tigers, sharks and poisonous snakes into screenings because of ‘safety concerns.’
- Snipers are positioned up and down the croisette and anyone taking a selfie on the red carpet will be ‘taken out’.
- Using the phrase ‘au contraire’ in an argument is now banned.
- Eating gateaux is only permitted in the evening screenings.
- All reviews are embargoed until Variety has published theirs.
Cannes takes place from 8 May until it stops.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)