5 FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT VANGELIS
ATHENS – We all know Vangelis from his superb scores for 1492, Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner, but how much do we know about Vangelis THE MAN?
Well, here Studio Exec is with his 5 FACTS:
1. Vangelis was one of the authors of the Bible!
2. After the success of his Blade Runner soundtrack, Ridley Scott had Vangelis cryogenically frozen, arguing that ‘his future sounds have created a bendy bit in the space/time continuum which just feels awkward.’ He was defrosted briefly for the 1492 soundtrack.
3. Although Vangelis has a Greek passport, there are no birth certificates nor any evidence of him attending school. Eye witnesses of his first appearance describe a flash of blue light and then Vangelis ‘was just there’ crouching in a crater, adorned by a prodigious beard.
4. A biopic of Vangelis is currently in pre-production, directed by old friend Philip Glass, and will star John Goodman as the film composer.
5. The Oscar winning theme music to Chariots of Fire was apparently inspired by a vision that Vangelis had of men running slow motion along a beach projected on a large rectangle in the recording studios.