5 FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT THE WALKING DEAD
HOLLYWOOD – AMC’s The Walking Dead returns for part two of its sixth season on Sunday with the show’s central group of survivors in danger from the zombie onslaught.
With The Walking Dead returning, everyone is very excited but what do we really know about The Walking Dead? We sent the Studio Exec undead FACT Squad into the post-apocalyptic wastelands to get the FACTS.
- The Walking Dead takes its title from a Johnny Cash lyric: ‘I hear the zombies approaching, they’re walking and they’re dead, I fear that I can’t kill them lest I shoot them in the head, the Walking Dead are coming, and there’s nothing I can do, but I swear by the Lord Jesus, I’m gonna kill me a few.’ The song was turned into a series of graphic novels by Robert Kirkland and these in turn were then turned into a TV series which tragically Johnny himself never got an opportunity to watch.
- The original event that causes the zombification of the world is confined entirely to diet.
- The real name of the main actor playing Rick Grimes, which is given as Andrew Lincoln, is actually Egg.
- Although the Walkers are similar to zombies they aren’t actually the same. In fact, the original show runner for the first season Frank Darabont called them Werewolves with alopecia. His continued insistence that the Walkers should be though of as Werewolves caused a rift in the creative team – who believed the Walkers to be uncool and clumsy vampires.
- A HBO made rip off The Walking Dead to be directed by Danny Boyle is planned for production later this year. It is to be based on 28 Days Later and is called The Running Dead.
For more FACTS on everything from this to that click HERE!
(Visited 190 times, 1 visits today)