5 FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT ROBIN THICKE
HOLLYWOOD – Following his hit Blurred Lines, the man Rolling Stone called ‘The New Huey Lewis and the News’ Robin Thicke has had wonderful publicity recently thanks to a VH1 sponsored ‘ask me anything’ event, but what do we really know (and when I say know, know means know) about him?
We sent the Studio Exec FACT SQUAD to find out.
1. Robin Thicke’s wife, Paula Patton, left him.
2. Robin Thicke’s most famous song is ‘Blurred Lines’ which is not about rape, specifically. Rather the song is about the way, when you get to a certain age, newspaper print begins to be difficult to make out, and reading the crickets scores (without your reading glasses) – ‘you know you want it’ – can actually look like ‘blurred lines’ rather than text.
3. Robin Thicke has written many songs for other artists, including Christine Aguilera, The Muppets and Bros, and says his one ambition is to write a song as good as ‘Sweet Cherry Pie’.
4. Greatly influenced by Marvin Gaye, Robin Thicke frequently holds vigils at the Forest Lawn Cemetery where Gaye is buried where Thicke and friend Pharrell listen to the mysterious sound of revolving that comes from below.
5. In many parts of Switzerland, Robin Thicke is worshiped as a minor deity.