5 FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT ROBERT DE NIRO (PART ONE)
NEW YORK – Robert De Niro is 70 years old today. But how much do you know about him? That’s right! Nothing.
You know nothing. NOTHING! So sit down, shut up, and let the Studio Exec fill your void of a brain with FACTS.
1. Robert De Niro is Australian.
2. De Niro’s favorite director is Martin Scorsese, but due to emotional scenes during the making of Casino, Scorsese and De Niro decide to start seeing other people. Scorsese soon replaced De Niro with Leonardo Di Caprio, but De Niro like a floundering child has found himself passed from one abusive foster home to another. Jay Roach, Justin Zachman and Jon Avnet have been the unworthy recipients of Mr. De Niro’s time.
3. De Niro’s meticulous preparation and devotion to the authenticity of the role is now legendary. During the making of Cape Fear he beat a woman to death just to see how it felt, and during the making of Meet the Parents he watched all of Ben Stiller’s previous films so he could feel the appropriate amount of hatred for Ben Stiller’s character.
4. Robert De Niro has won seventeen Oscars. But all of them were for set design, a little known part of his talent.
5. Whenever De Niro was called on to play a real life character – such as Jake La Motta in Raging Bull – he would chop off the finger of the real person and ingest it as part of his preparation.
Happy Birthday Mr. De Niro will air on HBO at 11 EST.