5 FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT MONTY PYTHON
FACTLAND – In anticipation of the eagerly awaited stage-bound reunion of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, the Studio Exec provides 5 ‘zany’ FACTS about everyone’s favorite comedy team, after the Benny Hills.
1. The Parrot sketch was, is and never will be funny.
2. The name Monty Python was initially thought up as a combination of Eric Idle’s favorite sexual position ‘Mounting’ and Michael Palin’s pet name for his penis ‘Python’. Flying Circus was the pet name for John Cleese’s arse flaps.
3. Monty Python are all American except for Terry Gilliam who is English.
4. Graham Chapman was murdered by the other Pythons and then his ashes were thrown about the stage during an interview as part of a sick joke. His death was deemed necessary to placate the comedy gods who John Cleese had angered by making Fierce Creatures.
5. All the Pythons have had successful solo careers, except for Terry Jones.
For more FACTS on everything from this to that click HERE!