HOLLYWOOD – Here are 5 five things we learned from the new Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens Trailer.
The Studio Exec FACT squad has been on red alert all day watching the new The Force Awakens trailer on a loop and we have detected a disturbance in the FACTS. We’ve turned off our targeting computers and can now safely say: may the FACTS be with you.
1. It looks almost certain that Harrison Ford is going to participate in the new Star Wars film. How they kept this a secret is still a mystery, but brilliantly done J.J. Abrams! Now, there has been some discussion as to who Harrison Ford will play, with some thinking him a shoo-in for his old role of Han Solo, but there’s always a chance that Mark Hamill will play Solo and Harrison Ford will play Luke Skywalker – just like the switcheroo in the last Abrams’ directed Star Trek film.
2. Harrison Ford is definitely not playing Chewbacca, who you can see in the final shot standing right next to him. It looks like Chewbacca will be entirely CGI this time round, which will come as a relief to all of us who thought there were far too many real people in the Prequels. Carrie Fisher has been CGI for the last five years in preparation for the role.
3. There will be light sabres. A bit of a shocker here. Given this film is set some years on from the end of Return of the Jedi, many of us were hoping that the old fashioned weaponry of the Jedi would have been updated to something more fancy. Rather than a light sword, what about a light gun?
4. R2D2 is now a father. His son is a cheeky little devil and I imagine the inspiration comes from the old Scooby and Scrappy cartoon which George Lucas has gone on record as calling the ‘fountainhead of everything I do’. Along with Joseph Campbell.
5. Everyone Luke Skywalker knows is strong in the force. As his voice over states, ‘The Force runs strong in my family. My father had it, I have it, my sister has it, you have it…’ The you is obviously me, because I was watching the trailer when he said it and there was no one else there, so I’ll be turning off my targeting computer and destroying Death Stars before you can say ‘Those are not the FACTS we were looking for.’
For more FACTS click HERE.