5 FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT THE HUNGER GAMES
HOLLYWOOD – As Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part One hits cinemas, the Studio Exec FACT squad rappelled into Panem, fired FACT arrows into the Capitol and sounded the clarion call for revolution in all the districts.
1. The Hunger Games are based on a real life fight to the death that takes place ever year in the Netherlands, a country in Northern Europe which most Americans believe to be mythical. Dutch children are starved until they are willing to kill each other for the prize. Proceeds from television rights pay for socialized medicine. Endemol, the company responsible for running The Hunger Games, also produce Big Brother.
2. Katnis Everdeen is played by Jennifer Lawrence, an actress.
3. The author of the original novels, Suzanne Collins is an avid collector of Germans. So far she has a little over 17,000 which she keeps in a special compound.
4. Although Suzanne Collins only wrote three novels – The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, following a suggestion from Peter Jackson Lionsgate have decided to split the final novel into three films: Mockingjay Part one, Mockingjay Part One (b) and Mockingjay Part Two (at least at time of publication).
5. Although Philip Seymour Hoffman reportedly finished his scenes before his untimely death, some scenes showing his character Plutarch Heavensbee will be played by Oliver Reed from Gladiator.
For more Movie FACTS CLICK HERE!